While tooth decay has decreased over the years, it is still a high risk for teeth that do not receive proper care or have a genetic predisposition for cavities. Depending on the size of the decay, our dentists may recommend that you receive a dental filling to repair the tooth. Oak Park Dental provides composite dental fillings in Lake Charles, Louisiana, to match your natural smile. We invite you to contact our office at 337-478-3232 today and ask Dr. Castle, Dr. Ferro, Dr. Hebert and Dr. Thind if a dental filling is right for you.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Our dentists and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our dentists will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
For more information about composite dental fillings and to make an appointment with our dentists, contact our office today.